These instructions assume you are already using Google Tag Manager.
First, add the BytesMatter tag to your workspace
- Sign in to Google Tag Manager
- Click on the container in which you want to install the BytesMatter beacon
- In the “New Tag” box, click on “Add a new tag”. This will open the “Edit tag” page
- In the top right corner of the “Tag Configuration” block, click on the pencil (edit) icon. This will open the “Choose tag type” dialog.
- Click on “Discover more tag types in the Community Template Gallery” at the top
- Click on the magnifying glass and search for “BytesMatter”
- Select the BytesMatter custom template
- Click the “Add to Workspace” button. Accept the permissions by click “add” in the popup that appears. The BytesMatter tag will now be added to your workspace. Now just to configure it to run on your website
Second, configure the tag to run on your website
- In the “BytesMatter Website Key” textbox enter or paste the website key you got when you signed up to BytesMatter
- Click anywhere in the “Triggering” box to start adding a trigger
- Select “All Pages”
- Click the “Save” button at the top of the page
- Give the tag a useful name. This is just for your reference and can be any name
That’s it, submit and publish the change (top right corner), and the tag will start running for your users and you will start seeing metrics as soon as people visit your website.